International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie) funds quality studies that will have a real policy impact and affect many lives. In terms of standards. This means its the only studies that are built around a credible counter factual with an evaluation design based on the underlying programme theory to learn what works and why, and also at what cost.
We encourage studies which utilise innovative methodologies, or delve into crucial evaluation questions which have not been the subject of previous research. Priority is given to proposals responding to a clear demand from policy makers. Grantees are expected to ensure full cooperation from implementing agencies, and other interested actors.
The strategic components of our programme are:
- Generating new evidence of what works
- Synthesizing and disseminating this evidence
- Building a culture of evidence based policy-making
- Developing capacity to produce and use impact evaluations
- Developing 3ie’s institutional capacity, governance and management systems