Pacific Leaders’ Educational Assistance for Development of State (Pacific – LEADS)
2nd Batch Intake starting August 2017-March 2020
In May 2015, Government of Japan announced the launch of a scholarship program entitled the Pacific Leaders’ Educational Assistance for Development of State (Pacific-LEADS) emphasizing the importance of fostering upcoming generations, who will play key roles in the further of Pacific Island Countries. This program aims to provide opportunities of study for government officials and other key personnel who have the expertise necessary to solve the development challenges faced by Pacific Island Countries, as well as to foster pro-Japanese and Japan experts who can contribute to improving the relationships between our country and Japan.
From 2016-2018, 33-34 participants from 14 Pacific Island Countries will be selected annually.
The 2nd Batch intake is open for participants, with studies commencing August 2017. Main target participants are government officials/civil servants, though persons from the private sector and educators will also be considered.
The successful participants will study in Japan for a maximum period of 2 and half years:
- 6 months as a research student
- 1 or 2 years as a Master’s student
- About 2 weeks internship to a public or private entities in Japan during summer break
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Citizen of the Cook Islands
- Between 22 and 39 years (as of April 1st, 2017) – applicants up to 43 years will be considered
- Bachelor’s Degree
Download the Forms belows:
- [Pacific LEADS] General Information 2nd Batch
- Annex 1: Application Form
- Annex 2: List of Universities
- Annex 3: Check List
- Annex 4: List of Research Fields
All applications are due in to OPSC by Friday 14th October, 2016