The Japan Grant Assistance for Cultural Grassroots Projects (GCGP) is now available to the Cook Islands.
This grant is focused on supporting grassroots projects relating to promoting cultural and/or higher education. Such projects can include the procurement, transportation and installation of equipment and construction or restoration of facilities used for various cultural and higher educational activities and the preservation of cultural heritage.
The Embassy of Japan in New Zealand accepts applications from the following organisations in the Cook Islands:
- Non-Government Organisations (NGOs);
- Local authorities; and
- Research and Higher education Institutes
To make an initial submission, an Application Form can be sent directly to the Embassy of Japan in New Zealand. The Embassy of Japan accepts request papers on a year-round basis with grant funding available up to 10 million (~110K NZD) yen per project.
The Application Form must include the following:
- A detailed breakdown of the budget
- A map showing the project site
- A feasibility study of the project
- Estimates of the good & services to be purchase (minimum 3 different supplies)
- Document introducing the applying organisation (such as brochures)
- A copy of the organisations regulations and annual budget
Applications can be sent directly to the Embassy of Japan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the guideline and application form below.