Release - January 10th, 2017
Gross Domestic Product: June quarter 2016
- June Quarter 2016 at current market prices was $110.1 million, recording a growth rate of 5.3 per cent when compared to June quarter 2015
- June Quarter 2016 at Constant 2006 Prices was $84.1 million, recording a growth rate of 9.7 per cent when compared to June quarter 2015
- Wholesale and Retail contributed the most to the June Quarter GDP with a percentage share of 23.2% (at current prices)
- The Construction industry showed the highest percentage change (55.0 percent) at constant prices, when compared to June quarter 2015.
Graph below shows the quarterly percentage change over previous quarter of GDP at current and constant prices
- Quarterly National Accounts: June quarter 2016
- Quarterly National Accounts: June quarter 2016- Tables
Annual GDP Latest release
In the 2012 calendar year:
- Economic activity increased in real terms by 4.4 percent.
- Construction (up 29.7 per cent), Fishing and Pearl (up 9.8 per cent), and Restaurants and Accommodation (up 5.9 per cent) were the main drivers of growth.
- Mining and Manufacturing (down 7.9 per cent) had the largest decline.
- GDP per capita was $14,939 (up 1.2 percent).
More Information about National Accounts
The Cook Islands National Accounts are largely based on the United Nations Systems of National Accounts 1993 (SNA93) framework. Data on gross domestic product (GDP) at current and constant prices is compiled using the production approach (one of the three GDP approaches). 2006 prices are used for deriving GDP at real or constant prices and which has been estimated for the years 2000-2011.
GDP data is published on a quartelry and annual basis (both at current and at real prices) and includes:
- Quarterly and annual GDP
- GDP per capita
- Quarterly and annual growth rate
- GDP by institutional sectors
- GDP by industry
- GDP by primary/secondary/tertiary sector
Data on GNI is not available.